Welcome to FHV Driver Training.
Sydney’s short course specialist. Easy steps to getting your truck licence below.
Truck courses we deliver – Click a course below for more information
As easy as 1, 2 and 3
Step 1. Complete your computer test and make sure to purchase your log books.
Step 2. FHV Driver Training is a RTO registered with RMS. Give us a call to book in your course.
Step 3. Once you cave completed the course you can now go to your local RMS and upgrade your drivers licence card.
For a more detailed step by step instruction see below.
- Provide a completed Licence Application form
- Provide acceptable proof of identity
- Pass an eyesight test(unless exempt)
- Provide a medical assessment report (if applicable)
- Pass the knowledge test for the class of licence you want to get
- Pay the appropriate fee.
Once the above step has been completed a Log Book and user guide will provided to you by the RMS for a fee of $46.
- Once you have your log book in hand its time to give us a call. 1300 881 842 or you can send us an email or just send through a contact form.
- Please keep in mind RMS requires 48 hours from the time and date of booking notice to make the booking.
- Once your details have been entered into our system we will then require payment.
- An email or text will then be sent to the applicant with all the training details – time, date etc…
- On the day of training FHV requires the candidates to attend 15 mins prior to training commencing.
- Logbooks must be present at all times during the day
- Current drivers Licence
- Id the candidate wishes FHV can provide all kitchen amenities and fridge to store there lunch.
- Training will commence promptly once candidate arrives.
- 15 Criteria must be deemed competent to allow a candidate to proceed to final assessment, the criteria can be found in the user guide provided by the RMS.
If deemed competent in both your criteria assessment and Final Competency Assessment, the assessor will submit your results to Roads and Maritime electronically.
*Note that your assessor will keep your Log Book.
You can then attend a registry or service centre in person and apply for your upgraded licence. You’ll need to:
Once you pay the required fee, your photo will be taken. Depending on which location you attend, your licence card will either be handed over the counter or posted to you. If it’s posted, you’ll receive a temporary paper licence, which you can use to drive a heavy vehicle until your new card arrives.