This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a builder’s hoist in which personnel, goods and/or materials may be hoisted, and which comprises a car, structure, machinery or other equipment associated with the hoist, and which may be a cantilever hoist, a tower hoist or a multiple winch operation. Included in this definition are situations where winches may be configured to operate as hoists for the transportation of personnel for licensing purposes.
- Plan Work
- Conduct Routine Checks
- Conduct Hoist Operations
- Shut Down and Secure Hoist
- Applicant must be over 18 years of age
- Applicant must be able to read write english as prescribed by regulation. The aplicant must sit for a written and mathmatical test involving formulas. Applicants skills will be determined on 1st day of training.
- Applicant must be able to provide 100 points of ID as prescribed by workcover
This training program is delivered over five (2) consecutive days, One (1) day training and one (1) day assessment.
On successful completion of the assessment, a WorkCover “Notice of Satisfactory Assessment” will be issued. This is to be submitted to WorkCover (via Australia Post) to receive the licence at a cost to you of $65. This is a Nationally Recognised Qualification valid for 5 years.
- Reading and writing levels must be at a minimum intermediate level. Your will will be determined at the beginning of the course.
- Full payment is required for the course to begin.
- If the applicant level of raining is not upto standard FHV will direct the applicant to services which may help to improve there levels.
- Although PPE is required, they are suplied to the aplicant. If the applicant whishes to purchase the PPE package this option is also available.
Venue – FHV Driver Training
200 Military Rd, Guildford NSW 2161
What to wear:
Participant handbooks are distributed before course commencement
- Protective Clothing (long trousers; long or short sleeve shirt)
- Enclosed shoes
- Safety Vests (if applicant owns one)
- Safety Hard Hat (if applicant owns one)